Welcome to the SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalism Awards 2019.
These awards seek out to recognise and reward the work of dedicated members of the South African Environmental Media who excel in their reportage of all current environmental matters.
Over the last 31 years, SAB has made a commitment to keep these awards in line with best global practice, listening in earnest to the feedback received from the environment media in South Africa at large and ensuring the Awards are reflective of both the local and global media landscape.
The categories for the 2019 are as follows:
- Written Media Award (Print and Online)
- Photography Award (Print and Online)
- Video Media Award (Television and Online)
- Audio Media Award (Radio and Online)
- The Macqubu Ntombela and Ian Player Cub Award for environmental journalists with less than two years' experience in the Industry.
- Nick Steele Memorial Award for the Environmentalist of the Year.
- The SAB Environmental Community Award
Entrants for the SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalism Awards 2019 should submit work produced between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019.
Please Note: You need to register to either enter the SAB Environmental Media Awards or nominate someone for the SAB Environmentalist of the Year 2019 or the SAB Environmental Community Award.
Entries open at 08:00 on Wednesday, 28th August 2019 and close at 17:00 on Monday 16th September 2019.
Winners will be announced at an awards event on Wednesday, 31st October 2019.